From the Diet to the Lifestyle!
My diet started out as a way to lose weight. Little did I know know that it would actually save my life by completely ridding my body of ulcerative colitis. That being said, I also have no more tendonitis, heel spurs, or arthritis. My body has been healing itself with the healthful foods that I have been eating. My body doesn’t have to waste time metabolizing fat--it can go directly to a point of concern and focus on fixing what needs to be repaired.
For two years, I have been working on phase two of my diet. My weight and muscle mass have remained the same. My weight is also constant, staying between 136 and 140 lbs. My medical results from testing are as follows:
High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL--"good" cholesterol): 72.4
- Healthy levels for men (according to WebMD) are 60 and above
Total Cholesterol: 173
- Desirable level is less than 200
Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL--"bad" cholesterol): 89
- Optimal category is less than 100
Very-Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL--another "bad" cholesterol): 11
- Normal range (according to MayoClinic) is between 5 and 40
- Normal is less than 150
Cholesterol ratio: 2-to-1
- The American Heart Association defines the optimum range as 3.5-to-1 or lower
Blood Pressure: 110/62
- WebMD defines a normal blood pressure to be below 120/80
Pulse rate: 68
Ulcerative colitis is an auto-immune disease of the lower intestine, and (from what I am told) not much different from Crohn's disease, which affects the upper intestine. Could this natural diet help people suffering from Crohn's disease as well?